Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Wallin Organic Farm offers seasonal shares of certified organic produce for a one-time fee.
A CSA works by allowing a certain number of "shares" (subscriptions) to be sold before the growing season begins. A typical "share" includes a once weekly box of extremely fresh vegetables and/or fruits.
The duration of the CSA varies, but usually lasts 15 weeks. Call to enquire. 410.755.6677.
Price is subject to change:
$25/week @ 15 weeks = $375/share before March 1st
$400/share after March 1st
A few benefits of CSA at a glance:
- "Picked-that-day" fresh vegetables during the summer/early fall.
- Locally grown food, from a locally grown farmer.
- Supports local economy.
- Paying before the growing season begins guarantees the farmer an income early on.
- Discover vegetables as they come into season, weekly.
- Gets kids excited about where there food comes from.
- Free visits to the farm!
To learn more about CSA, visit localharvest.org.